All of our qualifications are delivered using our online assessment tool, oscar. With 24/7 access, oscar is a flexible, easy to use system that enables you to work at a time and pace that suits your lifestyle. Our qualification process allows you to minimise the time you spend away from work and ensures that you undertake work study that is relevant to you and your organisation.
Throughout your qualification you will be supported by an Assessor who has up-to-date management experience and qualifications.
You will also be given free access to management courses through our e-learning portal, globe, to support your learning and development whilst undertaking your qualification.
The process consists of:
- Initial assessment – carried out by a PNE advisor by telephone to agree the appropriate qualification
- Induction to the process – includes an overview of oscar, our online assessment system
- Assessment planning – your assessor will help you to plan your assignments
- Learning and development – your assessor will support you with any learning needs relevant to the qualification by drawing up an individual learning and development plan with you
- Learner support – will take place electronically via the online learning system or by email or telephone
- Preparation for assessment – this will consist of you identifying evidence to show that you are competent in the workplace and uploading this evidence to oscar
Difference between NVQ and VRQ assessment:
- Assessment (NVQ) – your assessor will use a range of assessment methods to judge your evidence and give you feedback
- Preparation for assessment (VRQ) – this will consist of you completing assignments and uploading them to oscar
- Assessment (VRQ) – your assessor will mark your assignments and give you feedback